Don’t do it…..just don’t do it! Lol
Having 1-3 girls sleepover is not so bad, but doing a multiple sleepover with 6+ girls is tiresome and challenging (mostly for you and maybe for your husband). However, if you decide to take this on (like I did) then here are some facts/suggestions for you. While some girls are respectable, responsible and adorable… others – not so much.
- Make them sleep OUTSIDE in a tent, where you won’t be able to hear them get up freakishly early in the morning. You should stay outside with them until they are asleep to make sure no one leaves the yard or tries anything stupid, we enjoyed a fire while the girls giggled before falling asleep. We hushed them about 10 times and they got quieter each time, but it still took them hours before they actually fell asleep.
- With an outside sleepover though, you will have many bugs in your house because some of these kids were raised in a barn and don’t know how to close doors apparently.
- They will stay up late and wake up WAY too early: I had seven 10-11 year old’s stay over and they did not fall asleep until around 1:00am and woke up as soon as the sun came up at 5:30am.
- Always have snacks and goodies on hand: Even though some of these kids only weigh 80lbs, they are always hungry. I couldn’t keep up with the snacks. There will always be one kid who takes more than they should or pretends that they didn’t get any and go back for thirds before some girls get their firsts.
- They will go to your tiny 1 person bathroom all together. I called last call before bedtime and one by one each girl piled out of the tent to use the bathroom. My husband made the comment that it looked liked one of those clown cars… like did we really invite that many kids?
- Keep everyone hydrated, especially when it’s hot outside. When this many girls get dehydrated they get hormonal, which brings me to my next facts about your all girl sleepover…
- There will be crying
- There will be screaming
- There will be nudity….. these girls are at that age, where they are becoming curious about their body or other girls’ bodies and you will probably have one girl who shows up in just underwear pajamas and the other ones will want to follow along because they are “hot” and the next thing you know, you are walking into a tent full of girls and there’s 1 or 2 with no shirt on with their little baby boobies hanging out for all the girls to see…
I call it the ‘girl mob mentality’, she’s doing it, so I’m going to do it kinda thing. Next thing you know you have a whole tent full of naked girls and you’re telling them to put their clothes back on.
- Keep your eye out for any mean girl activity. Some girls will leave some girls out or whisper in front of them but then say, “it wasn’t even about you”. One girl will ask to to use the pink paint three times but the other will pretend that she didn’t hear, while the other friend will defend the mean girl saying that “she didn’t even hear her ask”, even though 6 other girls who were further away did. My advice – shut that sh!t down immediately! You don’t want no b!tches at your party. I’m kidding, they are just little girls and really have no idea what they are doing but somebody has to make them aware of it….that’s you by the way mom, YOU need to make them aware. One step at a time we will save humanity from mean girls!
GOOD MORNING tired mommy…..
- Find a good long movie that every girl will enjoy to put on when they get up. This should keep them quiet for a couple hours while you prepare them breakfast. This wasn’t even my plan, but they came across the Descendants 2 movie on tv and this shut every girl up while I sipped my coffee and made breakfast. I thought they were up to more weird girl sleepover stuff but they were just tired and zoned out on a movie, which was wonderful.
- When preparing breakfast just remember….some kids like plain pancakes. None of this fancy banana chocolate chip with whipping cream nonsense (I wish I would have known this before hand, that’s for sure).
- You will count down the minutes until their parents arrive to pick them up and you will curse the parents who are just 1 minute late (like pick your kids up already, I’ve had them for 20 hours, I want them to go home, so I can take a nap!)
After all of these scary facts about a pre-teen sleepover, you are probably going to do it all over again because overall, the girls had a lot of fun and you are now the cool mom…
…but please don’t be like this mom though, not cool
Good luck mommy and I’m sure there’s more scary facts about a pre-teen sleepover that I didn’t get to experience so if you did, please share to help out all the other brave mommies out there!
Raise your hand if you can afford to shop at Pottery Barn ✋🏻 …. ya me neither! My husband just started getting into building furniture for our house, as a part-time hobby during the summer, since he gets this time off, so I’ve been loading him up with project after project to keep him busy and to get our money’s worth from all the power tools he’s purchased. We found these plans over on Ana White, but they originally came from More Like Home. We did a little bit of modification with the drawers and made it with two instead of six. I wanted to put blankets and throw pillows inside, so 6 little drawers didn’t make sense for us.
You can find the plans here … More Like Home: Rhyan Coffee Table
Here are some photos of ours
My pup thinks he owns the couch
Instead of drawers in the back, we just added some pine board in the back
And there you have it! I just love our new coffee table, it goes perfect in our home. I banged it up with a hammer, some chain and a skewer to make it a little more rustic before I stained it, even though it looked great before. This coffee table probably cost us about $200 for the hardware, wood, stain etc. Much cheaper than $700 at Pottery Barn! 🤑
Well, we are moving on to the next project, stay tuned for our herringbone patio table! Yay!
The nice thing about having a husband who teaches science, is that we got to use his classroom for our birthday party and it took most of the stress off me, since he conducted most of the experiments (I really had NO idea what I was doing) lol. I have to admit, while I thought the kids were going to be bored out of their minds and think that they were ‘back in school’, this party turned out to be so much fun! The kids, although some said, “it feels like we’re at school”, were ‘ooing’ and ‘ahhing’ with almost every thing we did. So yeah, they were back in school and maybe they learned a thing or two but they still had fun doing it.
You don’t need to be a scientist or a teacher to pull off this type of birthday party. You can do this in your home or better yet outside (it can get kinda messy). This is a great indoor birthday party idea and it keeps the kids occupied with all sorts of projects. My husband did some other cool exploding/fire displays, however he has all the knowledge on what to mix without blowing things up, so unless you know someone who has this knowledge, I would just stick to the basics… Continue reading “A Science Birthday Party!”
Valentines Day is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate, than some delicious cookies! I obtained this quick and easy recipe from a friend and it is my ‘go to’ for cookies. I rarely like baking and if and when I decide to make something from scratch, I don’t want anything complicated. I much prefer decorating the cookies over baking them, so here’s the quick and easy recipe for the busy mom
Click here for the perfect royal icing cookie recipe.
I love everything about decorating a Christmas tree and have always enjoyed spending the time to perfect where everything goes. Some people (my sister and husband) might say I’m a little bit of a control freak with where my decorations go. I can get a little crazy when you start to clutter the same ornaments together or the “spend more time on the back that nobody’s going to see” instead of concentrating on the (more important) front of the tree. I didn’t always have nice ornaments growing up and in my younger years, I had a lot of hand-me downs and dollar store decoration, but even then I always took pride in the way my tree turned out. Maybe you have no clue on how to decorate a tree or every time you do, it just doesn’t look quite as nice as all those Pinterest ones? Well, hopefully these few suggestions will help you improve your Christmas tree decorating. Remember, I AM NOT an expert nor do I have any skills in a decor/design background…..these are just my opinions only. Continue reading “Decorate A Stunning Christmas Tree On A BUDGET!”
I love decorating my house for Christmas! I love the smells my Christmas trunk releases when I open it for the first time after a year, I love decorating my tree whilst listening to jolly tunes about Santa and mistletoe and I just LOVE setting up all the decorations around the house creating a magical feeling throughout! While this time of year is the most joyful time of year for most, it is also the busiest time of year for just as many, including myself. Between shopping, working at a company where everyone wants their stuff ready for Christmas, decorating and regular mom duties, there’s not a whole lot of time for crafts in my world. Sometimes, crafts don’t have to be time consuming, they don’t have to involve a lot of work or money, so I have compiled six rustic and totes adorbs Christmas trees that are simple for the busy mom or busy person. Although these are not any of my ideas, I hope to be able to make a few of them before Christmas is over and detail how to make them for anyone who can’t figure it out on their own. Enjoy and Good Luck if you attempt these before I do. Aren’t they cute?!